Deadline : May 1, 2021
Apply for the 2022 Equity and Merit Scholarships at University of Manchester in the United Kingdom. The Equity and Merit Scholarships at University of Manchester are now open for applications. The university of Manchester announced the scholarship with theme: SDGs are our world’s call to action and our Equity and Merit Scholarships aim to empower young professionals in the Global South to address these global goals. The scholarship targets applicants from 6 sub-Saharan African countries
Generally, these Scholarships are aimed for excellent students with huge potential to make a significant contribution to sustainable development in countries where they come from, yet they would struggle to afford to study at the university without a scholarship. You think you are part of this category? then you are welcome to apply, and especially women are highly encouraged. These scholarships are open for selected Master’s degree programmes at the University of Manchester.
The scholarship program includes 2 offers: One is a Full-time, on-campus master’s program lasting 1 year with 20 offers and the other is a Part-time distance learning master’s program lasting between three to five year with 10 offers. This makes a total of 30 offers to applicants from Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda Malawi and Zimbabwe.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits. Jointly funded by the University and the generosity of donors, the scholarships cover the whole of the student’s experience, from fees to living expenses and travel home
- Full tuition fees for the Masters program.
- A stipend to cover your living costs.
- The student’s return international air fares.
- Costs for embassy and visa fees.
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- Candidates must citizens and residents of eligible countries (Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Rwanda, Malawi and Zimbabwe)
- You must not have previously studied outside Africa .
- As an applicant, you will need to have have at least two years professional experience related to your field of study
- Applicants must be committed to return to their countries of residence after the program, to put in practice what they would have learnt and help develop their communities and countries
- You must posses a Bachelor’s degree and demonstrate exceptional academic performance in your previous studies, usually being among the top 10% of your graduating class
- As an applicant, you must prove your English language proficiency with an acceptable certificate including IELTS, TOFEL or your secondary school English certificate depending on your country specifications
You will have to fully complete the online application provided in order to be considered for the program. Please keep applications sent via email are strictly discouraged and will not be considered.
Along with the online application, you will have to submit supporting documents including
- Academic certificates indicating your exceptional performance
- English language certificates showing your English language proficiency
- two up-to-date signed references on official letter headed paper directly addressed to the selection committee of the Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here