Deadline: August 31, 2022
Apply for the 2023 Equity and Merit Scholarships at University of Manchester in the United Kingdom. The Equity and Merit Scholarships at University of Manchester are now open for applications. The university of Manchester announced the scholarship with theme: SDGs are our world’s call to action and our Equity and Merit Scholarships aim to empower young professionals in the Global South to address these global goals. The scholarship targets applicants from 6 sub-Saharan African countries.
Generally, these Scholarships are aimed for excellent students with huge potential to make a significant contribution to sustainable development in countries where they come from, yet they would struggle to afford to study at the university without a scholarship. You think you are part of this category? then you are welcome to apply, and especially women are highly encouraged. These scholarships are open for selected Master’s degree programmes at the University of Manchester.
The scholarship program includes 2 offers:
- Full-time, on-campus master’s program lasting 1 year with 29 scholarship offers under this category
- Part-time distance learning master’s program lasting between three to five year with 10 scholarship offers.
This makes a total of 39 offers to applicants from Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda Malawi and Zimbabwe. scholarships are offered for selected Master’s degree programmes at the University of Manchester. The full list of eligible programmes is available on the programme website. Selected Students will start their studies in September 2023.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits. Jointly funded by the University and the generosity of donors, the scholarships cover the whole of the student’s experience, from fees to living expenses and travel home
- Full tuition fees for the selected Masters programme.
- A stipend to cover your living costs for the entire duration of the programme.
- The student’s return international air fares.
- Costs for embassy and visa fees
Applicants for the programme must meet the following conditions
- Candidates must citizens and residents of eligible countries (Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Rwanda, Malawi and Zimbabwe)
- You must not have previously studied outside Africa .
- As an applicant, you will need to have have at least two years professional experience related to your field of study
- Applicants must be committed to return to their countries of residence after the program, to put in practice what they would have learnt and help develop their communities and countries
- You must posses a Bachelor’s degree and demonstrate exceptional academic performance in your previous studies, usually being among the top 10% of your graduating class
- As an applicant, you must prove your English language proficiency with an acceptable certificate including IELTS, TOFEL or your secondary school English certificate depending on your country specifications. Please note that you do not have to provide language certificates at the time of application, however, you will need to take the language tests if you are shortlisted.
You will have to fully complete the online application provided in order to be considered for the program. Please keep applications sent via email are strictly discouraged and will not be considered.
Along with the online application, you will have to submit supporting documents including
- Academic certificates indicating your exceptional performance
- English language certificates showing your English language proficiency. (not needed at the time of application)
- Two up-to-date signed references on official letter headed paper directly addressed to the selection committee of the Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester
For more information, visit the official website here