Deadline: May 14, 2023
Apply for the Embassy of France in Uganda and Schlumberger Joint Scholarships Programme. The embassy of France in Uganda together with TotalEnergies Uganda are pleased to announce three (3) Master’s degree scholarships to eligible students to study in France for the 2023/24 and 2024/25 Academic Year. These scholarships will support selected students study for a 2 year Master’s degree programme at a preferred University in France.
Applicants must be Ugandan Bachelor’s degree graduates or Students who are about to complete their bachelors degree and are ready to enroll in a 2 year Master’s degree programme in France starting in September 2023. These scholarships are made possible as a result of a collaboration between the Embassy of France in Uganda and Schlumberger through a cost sharing mechanism. The scholarships are Intended to support your studies for the entire duration of your selected degree programme.
The preferred fields of study are:
- Agricultural Engineering
Applicants are free to choose any university of their choice under the above mentioned preferred fields of study. The degree programmes are taught in English therefore, there is no requirement for proficiency in French
Selected applicants for this scholarship will receive the following benefits
- The scholarship will facilitate full coverage for your Tuition fees for your selected Degree programme.
- You will receive a monthly stipend to help cover you daily expenses including food, transport and leisure.
- The scholarship will support students in getting accommodation at subsidized prices and a personalized housing allowance.
- You will receive a return air ticket from travel to and from France.
- Selected applicants will also get full social security coverage
- The French embassy will assist you in obtaining your Visa and will cover the Visa costs involved.
- Scholarship holders will gain the Status of “French Government Scholarship Holder” and therefore will be eligible for related benefits.
Candidates who wish to apply for the programme must meet the following conditions
- Applicants must be Ugandan nationals since this scholarship is strictly dedicated to Ugandan Applicants.
- You must not be older than 28 years at the time of application.
- Eligible candidates must posses a bachelor’s degree or studying and are about to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree.
- You field of Bachelor’s degree field of study must be inline with the above mentioned fields of interest.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record of CGPA 80 – 100, 5.0 – 4.0.
- You must also demonstrate sufficient English Language equivalent to C1 – C1.
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage although not required.
Applications foe the scholarship must be submitted directly to the Embassy of the France in Uganda in electronic format. Your application must reach the embassy before May 14, 2023. To complete your application, you will need the following documents.
Below is a list of required documents.
- Download an complete the application form. This will be downloaded from the Scholarship webpage.
- A well written application letter for the applicant clearly indicating the adequacy o aimed at with the professional project.
- Request a letter of recommendation from a University Professor at your University.
- Submit certified copies of your Degree certificate and transcript of records from your first year of the course.
- Include a well written up to date Curriculum Vitae.
- Submit an identification documents such as a passport of already available.
- Applicants should include a summary of their financial situation such as bank statements of parents or student, or certificate of current study grant.
- If you posses any proficiency in French, include a certificate proving this.
All the above documents must be sent via mail to: [email protected] with the message title as your first name and last name.
For more information, visit the official website here