Deadline: September 17 , 2021
The EAC Scholarship Programme is an initiative of the East African Community (EAC), the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) and German Development Bank-KfW. The main aim of this programme is to contribute towards training leaders that will foster the EAC Regional integration. Therefore, the project offers a comprehensive package including scholarships for Master’s programmes, internships, mentoring, networking events and further leadership training activities.
The programme will allocate a number of places amounting to a minimum of 30 percent dedicated to female students with a special consideration for South Sudan female applicants in order to support women’s participation and enhance gender equality.
The organization hereby invites applications from students who are citizens of the East African Community (EAC) Partner States of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda to apply for cohort 2 of the KfW- funded Master’s Scholarships. The scholarship will support Master’s students in the following fields
- Technology and
- Business Science programmes.
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits:
- Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution. This will be determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
- You will get coverage the cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- You must be a citizen of a partner state of the East African Community
- Applicants must Possess the required academic qualifications for admission to the programme. Normally, this amounts to at least a Upper Second Class Honours or Distinction as applicable;
- You will be required to submit a motivation letter in English covering the following aspects
- It has to be well written grammatically and professionally
- Demonstrates a convincing motivation for wanting to pursue the Master’s Programme chosen
- Adequately demonstrates the applicant’s foreseen professional engagement in EAC Integration agenda after completing the Master’s Programme
- It demonstrates how they expect to apply the acquired skills and knowledge from the Master’s Programme to contribute to the EAC Integration Agenda
- Demonstrates where they anticipate to see themselves professionally and academically in 5 and 10 years.
- You must be below 35 years of age at the time of application
- Applicants must have obtained admission from a university in another country in the EAC Region other than their own. You cannot apply in your own country
The application will require the following procedure. You will have to first apply for a program of your choice at your selected university, and then proceed to apply for the scholarship
Phase 1 : apply for admission
- You must identify the programme and University of their choice from the list of eligible programs
- Applicants must then file for admission to your university of choice
- You will then Submit the completed university application form and its supporting documents to the university indicating that you intend to apply for the EAC Scholarship Programme
Phase 2 : apply for the scholarship
- Register online to express your interest in the EAC scholarship
- Download the scholarship application form from the IUCEA website and fill it.
- Submit the scholarship application form and its supporting documentation along with your university application form and its attachments electronically
For more information, visit the official website here