Deadline: February 1 , 2023
Apply for the Central European University (CEU) Graduate Scholarship Program for both Master’s and Doctoral Degree applicants to study in Hungary. Founded in 1991, Central European University (CEU) was founded to support the democratic transitions in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. The main university campuses are based in Vienna and Budapest and is home to students from more than 100 countries from all over the world. The University’s main mission is to promote open societies and democracy, through advanced research, and research-based teaching, primarily in the social sciences and humanities.
Due to its commitment to internationalization and its outward looking policy, the university offers one of the most generous and accessible scholarship schemes, available to candidates from any country all over the world ranging from tuition awards to stipends. New applicants have the opportunity to apply for scholarships to study with different Masters degree programs offered at the university.
Master’s degree scholarships range from financial aid based scholarships on a combination of academic merit and financial need. Applicants have the ability to indicate that they wish to be considered for one of the scholarship at the time of submission for their applications for admission. You are advised to go through all the available scholarships
All applicants applying for admission in one of the Master’s or doctoral Programs offered at the university have the ability to apply for one of the following programs
- CEU Master’s Excellence Scholarship up to 100% tuition waiver and a stipend worth 1,000 EUR per month along with Health Insurance coverage
- The CEU Master’s Distinction Scholarship up to 100% tuition waiver and a stipend worth 750 EUR per month along with Health Insurance coverage
- CEU Master’s Scholarship up to 100% tuition waiver and a stipend worth 500 EUR per month along with Health Insurance coverage
- The CEU Master’s Tuition Award up to 100% tuition waiver along with Health Insurance coverage
- CEU Doctoral Scholarship Full tuition waiver with a stipend worth 1,350 EUR for ECBS PhD programs and 1,300 EUR for all other PhD programs along with health insurance coverage
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- Applicants from any country all over the world may apply for one of the Scholarship programs that fit their profile
Eligibility Requirements for Master’s Programs
- You must have obtained a first degree / bachelor’s or equivalent from a recognized university or institution of higher education,
- If you have not graduated yet, you may provide documentation indicating that they will earn such a first degree before enrolment in a CEU master’s program.
- Applications are expected to have a sufficient level of English proficiency since the language of instruction for all master’s, doctoral and non-degree programs offered by Central European University is English.
- You must not be enrolled in a master’s program at CEU at the time of application
Eligibility Requirements for Doctoral Programs
- Eligible candidates must have obtained a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and a master’s degree or its equivalent in a related field from a recognized university or institution of higher education.
- If you have not completed your masters Degree yet, you must provide documentation indicating that you will earn such a degree before enrollment in a CEU doctoral course of study.
- In case you hold a five-year master’s degree, you may are not be required to have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
There is no separate application procedure for the scholarships. All applicants are advised to indicate under the Funding section of the Online Application Form that they wish to be considered for one of the scholarships. you will require the following supporting documents in order to complete your application
- You must have, two for Master’s degree applicants or three for some doctoral programs, confidential letters of recommendation submitted as part of your application.
- Applicants must upload complete official bachelor’s transcript and your bachelor’s diploma in English if you are applying to a master’s program as well as their complete official bachelor’s and master’s transcripts and your bachelor’s and master’s diplomas in English if you are applying to a doctoral program.
- You must upload your most recent CV or resume, including a publication list if available.
- Applicants must upload their proof of proficiency in English in form of a standardized English language test score result
- Some programs at the Department of Economics and Business require GRE or GMAT scores as an entry condition.
A list of required documents may include the following
- Academic Writing Submissions that may include a statement of purpose, research proposal, academic essay on a given subject or a writing sample
- Request two (2) Letters of Recommendation written in support of your application
- Submit all the relevant academic Records. These may include
- Official bachelor’s transcript and your bachelor’s diploma in English if you are applying to a master’s program;
- Your official bachelor’s and master’s transcripts and your bachelor’s and master’s diplomas in English if you are applying to a doctoral program.
- A recent Curriculum Vitae or Resume including a publication list if available.
- Candidates are required to submit proof of English Proficiency. This is normally in form of standardized English language test scores like IELTS or TOEFL. Exceptions may apply to candidates whose Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees were taught entirely in English
- Some programs may require Standard Test Scores (GRE, GMAT, etc.)
For more information, visit the official website here