Deadline: August 9 , 2021
Apply for the 2021 Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in Education. Canon Collins Trust in partnership with RMTF seek to support committed and exceptional candidates who are passionate about social justice in southern Africa and are committed to pursue a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
Canon Collins RMTF is offering funding to support students who are interested in postgraduate studies within the area of Education for eligible countries in southern Africa, for the academic year 2021. As a pre-requisite, the students research focus must relate to one of the following themes:
- To improve the quality of education in southern Africa
- Enhance Access to education in southern Africa
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits:
- The organization provides funds for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD.
- This year’s scholarship value will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances.
- The funding support applies for both full and part-time study and in case you consider and wish to study online (distance learning), you will also be considered for the scholarship.
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- You must be a national of one of the following countries or hold a refugee status in one of the countries:
- Applicants must be residents in one of the above countries
- You ought to be in possession of a good first degree or about to graduate in the year of application. Your degree must be equivalent to minimum second class or upper division or equivalent
- Applicants must be studying or applying to study at a South African university
You should access the online application read the instructions on how to fill the online application.
- Apart for the application form, you are required to submit the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of degree certificates, if available
- Certified academic transcripts
- ID document (the following are acceptable: passport, birth certificate, driver’s license)
- You may also need to submit:
- Proof of refugee status, if applicable
- Two recent payslips, if currently employed
- PhD proposal if applicable.
For more information, visit the official website here