Deadline : July 5, 2021
Applications for the British Council Future Leaders Connect Program for Emerging Leaders are now open. The British Council Future Leaders Connect program is a global network of emerging policy leaders that brings together participants from more than 13 countries. During the programme, selected participants work to make substantial change through policy-making, campaigns and leadership to tackle some of the most pressing issues facing the world today.
Over the years, Future Leaders connect programme was delivered in a face-to-face settings, however, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this year’s British Council’s programme will be happening online.
Now more than ever, the world needs inspiring policymakers.
The British Council Future Leaders Connect programme will run from Monday 11 October to Friday 19 November 2021. Programme components will include several learning elements, networking, relationship-building and action plan development.
If you get selected for this Leader’s programme, you benefit in the ways below
- Participants will get the opportunity to learn about various leadership styles
- You will gain access to international networks and learn how to make a difference through policy-making
- Participants will have access specialized trainings from policy
- You will be part of a broad exclusive network of exceptional policy change makers from around the world engaged in discussions to solve today’s biggest global challenges.
Applicants applying to participate in the programme must meet the following criteria
- The programme is open to interested applicants Living in one of our participating countries: Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Ukraine, UK (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales)
- Applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 35
- You must posses sufficient English proficiency in order to participate in the programme
- No official qualification is required, however, participants must be able to speak English at a level equivalent to IELTS level 7.
The application for the programme are submitted online. upon submission of your application, it will be reviewed and a short list of eligible candidates will be created.
If you make it to the shortlist, you will be invited to interviews/an event in your country. At the interview or event you will present your policy vision and explain your leadership experience to a panel of experts.
The programme is particular looking for applicants who meet the following qualities
- Applicants who are able to explain how they want to make change in their own countries and beyond.
- Candidates with good knowledge about policy and how policymaking happens in their own country
- Applicants who demonstrate strong networks and be committed to supporting the development of the country you are living in through policy change.
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here