Deadline : July 26, 2021:
Bayer Foundation is offering several Fellowships for academic scientific research to applicants from all over the world. The foundation believes that science is the basis with which we can enable societal progression as we face challenges in health and nutrition due to an ever increasing and ageing global population. Bayer therefore aims to identify and nurture brilliant young minds with the goal of developing the next generation of outstanding talents in science and STEM-education, as well as apprentices and young professionals in the Life Science Industries.
The Foundation is offering up to three (3) fellowship categories in the field of Life Sciences. These fellowships are open to MSc, PhD and medical students studying at any university outside Germany. The fellowship program is designed to enhance existing study programs by providing additional funding for international placements, that are complimentary to current or future scientific studies. Applicants must apply for a placement at a University in Germany, in an eligible field and receive confirmation of acceptance before they can submit their applications.
- Otto Bayer Fellowships in Drug Discovery: This fellowship is dedicated to students from all fields of natural science, pharmacy, and data science with fundamental or applied studies with relevance to the pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare (over-the-counter) industries.
- Jeff Schell Fellowships for Agricultural Science: This fellowship is dedicated to students from all fields of natural science and data science with fundamental or applied studies with relevance to the Crop Science industry.
- Carl Duisberg Fellowships for Medical Sciences: This fellowships is dedicated to students in the fields of human and veterinary medicine, medical engineering, applied medical sciences and public health. Applications of data science in medicine are eligible.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- The foundation offers a maximum funding worth 10,000 € for a single fellowship.
- Bayer foundation fellowships can run for a period of between two weeks and a maximum of six month
- Selected applicants may use the fellowship grant to cover their Travel costs, visa costs, living costs and exceptional project costs relating to current or future studies
Candidates for the fellowship program must meet the following conditions
- Fellowships are open to applicants from all over the world who whish to stay in Germany for a research placement
- Applicant must have graduated with a good to excellent bachelor and/or master degree in a scientific discipline.
- Medical students must have a very good to excellent medicals studies status at the time of application
- These fellowships are open to students Currently studying a MSc, PhD, medical degree or equivalent.
- Applicants will be required to request and receive two letters of recommendation from home institute(s) including current and/or previous direct supervisors.
- You must apply and receive a letter of support from host institute in Germany confirming acceptance and support of applicant undertaking placement.
Applications are submitted online using the application form provided. Please remember that you must first apply at an Institution in German and receive a letter of support from host institute confirming acceptance and support of placement. You application will require you to submit the following information.
- You must draft and submit a Project proposal including its relevance to the advancement of your field and/or associated industry.
- Request and receive two letters of recommendation from home institute(s) including current and/or previous direct supervisors.
- Submit a Description of the potential relevance and impact of your project on society
- Provide a Personal statement which must include your motivation for your application as well as personal and professional aspirations
- Submit a draft of a Proposed budget for your fellowship in which you are required to show a breakdown of all costs including travel, rent and exceptional costs
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here