Deadline: December 11, 2022
The University of Aston is pleased to offer the Women in Engineering Scholarship with the main aim of attracting the brightest and best female students to study at Aston University. This scholarship programme offers a tuition fee discount worth £6,000 to selected applicants. Scholarship beneficiaries will also be offered a programme of mentoring and support throughout their course and will also benefit from various networking opportunities.
The University of Aston believes that diversity is crucial to innovative thinking and developing creative ideas. It is for this reason therefore that they set up this scholarship programme, to encourage, support and mentor female students, helping then achieve their goals. Applicants for this scholarship programme must be Female international students from any country applying for any undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at the University of Aston.
The University of Aston is Located in Birmingham, United Kingdom. With Students from over 120 countries, the University boosts of a safe and friendly campus enjoyed by a global, multicultural community. Birmingham also boosts as one of the UK’s most diverse cities and home to an unrivalled cultural heritage, top sporting events, music, performing arts and outstanding world cuisine
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- Selected applicants will receive a scholarship discount worth £6,000
- Scholarship recipients will also benefit from mentorship and support throughout their course
To apply, you must meet the following application conditions
- Applicants for the scholarships must be Female international students from any country around the world
- You must be applying for one of the Undergraduate or postgraduate degree programmes in an eligible field, offered at the University of Aston.
- Scholarships are offered for degree programmes offered at the School of Engineering & Applied Science.
- Applicants are required to posses appropriate IELTS or equivalent English language qualification at the time of application.
- You must be able to pay the rest of the required tuition fees, since this scholarship is only a partial tuition fee scholarship.
- Applicants should demonstrate excellent academic performance from their previous studies
- You may apply for any other scholarships offered by the University of Aston, along with this scholarship
- Successful applicants will also demonstrate their enthusiasm, pride and ability to represent Aston University and share their experience with others.
Applications are submitted online and the scholarship application is submitted at the time of application for admission. You will be required to write a short supporting statement, which will be judged by the selection committee.
Your application must be submitted by December 11, 2022. Selection for the scholarship will be based on the candidate’s commitment to engineering, academic achievement, work-experience, volunteering or extra-curricular projects and activities
Upon Successful selection, you will be awarded £6,000 to help with your tuition fees. You will also be required to act as an ambassador for women in engineering at Aston University flexibly alongside their studies
For more information, visit the official website here