Deadline : July 15, 2021
Apply for the African Water Resources Mobility Network (AWaRMN) Scholarships. The African Water Resources Mobility Network (AWaRMN) partnership is a consortium of African Universities under the EU/African Union Academic Mobility Scheme. AWaRMN is accepting applications from eligible qualified highly performing students for the African Water Resources Mobility Network (AWaRMN) Scholarship. This scholarship program is offered for a full time Postgraduate study in selected areas of study at AWaRMN Universities.
Applicants who are currently registered or previously graduated from one of the participating university will have the opportunity to travel and complete a fully funded Master’s degree or Short term study at another participating university. The mobility scholarship scheme is divided into two types namely: Degree-seeking Mobility for long-term study that leads to an award of a MSc/MTech degree and the Credit-seeking Mobility for short-term study that leads to award of credits that make up a MSc/MTech degree. Participating universities and study programs are listed below.
Rhodes University, South Africa (RU)
- M.Sc. Water Resource Science
- M.Sc. Hydrology
Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (FUTMINNA)
- MTech Applied Hydrobiology
- An MTech Hydrogeology
Makerere University, Uganda (MU)
- M.Sc. Chemistry
University of Kinshasa, Congo (UNIKIN)
- M.Sc. Water Resources
National Higher School for Hydraulics (Ecole Nationale Supéprieure d’Hydraulique) (ENSH)
- M.Sc. Hydraulics
If successfully selected for the scholarship, you will be eligible foe the following benefits.
- The programme covers Participation costs such as tuition and registration fees for all students
- You will also receive coverage for costs related to Research such as field work and laboratory consumables
- Participants will receive a Subsistence allowance worth 600 Euro per month for MSc/MTech.
- A Special allowance will be added for female students who attend the mobility for 2 or more academic years worth 600 Euro per year for MSc/MTech
- All applicants will receive an Economy class roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs for travel to and from their country of mobility
- You will receive coverage for Health, accident and travel Insurance for the entire duration of your mobility
- Up on your arrival at your host university, you will receive an One-off settling-in allowance to cover installation costs, Worth 600 Euro.
In order to apply for this scholarship program, you must meet the following application conditions
- Applicants must be nationals of African Union member state and resident in Africa at the time of application.
- You must meet the programme requirements as well as the admission requirements for the host University
- Students who have benefited from scholarships under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, or Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme before may not apply.
- You must be currently registered/admitted in or have previously obtained a degree (or equivalent) from any of the AWaRMN partnership institutions: Rhodes University, South Africa (RU), Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (FUTMINNA), Makerere University, Uganda (MU), University of Kinshasa, Congo (UNIKIN), and National Higher School for Hydraulics (Ecole Nationale Supéprieure d’Hydraulique) (ENSH)
- Applicants must be ready to move from home country to another country where AWARM has a partner institution.
Scholarships are awarded for mobility to one of the participating Universities other than your home University. Applicants must meet the admission criteria set by the intended host university in order to apply for the scholarship. You application must be submitted by the deadline of July 15, 2021
To accompany your application, you must submit the following documents
- Certified copies of Academic degrees, Diplomas and official transcripts of records
- Applicants must submit a CV of up to 2 pages
- You just include a formal identity document such as passport, national identity card, driver license or any other officially recognized form of identification indicating your nationality,
- Candidates must write a 250 word motivation letter detailing why they think they deserve to be awarded a scholarship.
- You must request two reference letters one from an academic referee and another from a non-academic referee
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here