Deadline: October 26, 2023
Applications are now open for the African Graduate Fellowships at the American University in Cairo for African nationals. The highly competitive African Graduate fellowship is dedicated to the bright, highly motivated African students who are interested in pursuing a master degree at AUC. This fellowship is offered on an annual basis to selected eligible applicants form African countries with the exception of Egypt.
The graduate fellowship program will run for two academic years and the intervening summer session. The program is subject to a review every semester to evaluate and ensure satisfactory academic performance for every participant. During the graduate fellowship program, participants will be expected to fully engage and fulfill the following responsibilities.
- As a fellow, you will be assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work
- Students must maintain a full-time status
- You are required to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
The American University in Cairo was founded in 1919 and has positioned its self as a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and center of intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. To date, the University offers up to 36 undergraduate, 44 master’s and two PhD programs rooted in a liberal arts education that encourages students to think critically and find creative solutions to conflicts and challenges facing both the region and the world.
Selected applicants for the AUC graduate program will receive several benefits including:
- You will receive coverage for tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Participants will receive a Monthly stipend to cover their expenses while in Egypt
- You will benefit form student services and activities fees
- Converge for Medical service and health insurance fees is guaranteed
- You will receive a monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo Campus
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- Applicants must be African Non-Egyptian citizens and nationals
- Interested applicants can apply for discipline of graduate studies offered at the American University in Cairo
- You must demonstrate Financial need
- You must fulfill the admission requirements to one of the graduate programs in AUC in order to apply
- Courses all other activities are conducted in English, therefore, you must Submit an international TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- You must maintain a GPA of 3.2 in order to retain the fellowship
Program specific requirements
- You must posses an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- Additional requirements may apply depending upon the specific admission category to which the applicant is offered admission.
- All support documentation must be submitted must be in English, or alternatively, an official translation must be attached to the documents originally not issued in English
Applicants will need to apply for admission for a program of their choice prior to applying for the scholarship. Applications are now open and the deadline is October 15, 2023.
To apply, follow the procedure below
- From the official programme website, look through the eligibility information and make sure that you are eligible for the programme.
- Visit the application page to check how to apply and submit the online application.
- You must then submit the online fellowship application.
- Support documents for both the application for admission as well as the application for the fellowship must be attached.
For more information, visit the official website here